Saturday, November 14, 2009

Date Night



Friday night, Hubby & I took a break from all the unpacking and went on our first date night in Venice! We drove up to Sarasota, to our favorite Thai restaurant, a Taste of Asia (http://www.tasteofasiasrq.com/index.html) - D LISH! And the owners are absolutely charming. It is someplace we have frequented every time we have come to this area. The food is outstanding, and inexpensive. Then we were able to do a little book shopping, courtesy of a gift card I received. Again, a delight. Hubby got some fiction and or sci-fi something, I got new diet books & cookbooks - so I can blow my new diet! HA! Then a romantic finish at the Soda Fountain in downtown Venice. YUM! There are only two things to do at night in Venice - watch the sunset, and go eat ice cream. There are like 6 ice cream shops on Main Street alone, and by 7pm, they are all jammed with seniors. Seriously, these old people eat more ice cream than you can imagine. I have been in shops where 100 year old women are taking down 8 scoopers with toppings! It is frightening! Anyway, the night was wonderful.