Friday, July 10, 2009

Strawberry Festival 2009














It was a glorious day - too chilly for our taste, about 75-78 and breezy, - but the sun was out and sky was blue, a rarity around here. Another rarity, we had the day off together! So we spent it at the Long Grove Strawberry Festival. It was a wonderful day. There was so much food - none of it healthy, and all of it on sticks - but all of it delightful! We ate till we were sick and enjoyed very minute of it. It was nice to see so many people out enjoying a family event in this quaint little (upscale)town. Equally nice to see that the terrible economy has not affected Long Grove at all. I guess the filthy rich really do not have to worry about much.... After we walked around and digested a bit, we headed to our favorite area restaurant Shaws Crab House http://shawscrabhouse.com/index.html Where we continued to engorge our bellies with as many fishes as we could catch! I even tried my first bite of sushi. Not a real bite, more like a nibble. It wasn't nearly as gross as thought it would be. Not that I will be ordering it any time soon, but at least I tried it - cross it off the list now. Don't get the attraction, why Michael would choose that over say, my favorite, the luscious and delectable lobster roll on a warm and buttery French Brioch roll, I will never know......